How do I open a demo account?
Demo trading on demo accounts provide a safe learning environment before moving to live trading. We want our customers to feel comfortable trading in a demo practice account before placing real money in a live account. Sign up for a FREE demo
How long can I use the demo?
A demo trading account will be active for 90 days, beginning on the day of sign-up. On the 90th day, your account will become inactive. If you feel that you require additional demo time before opening a live account, you may register for more than one demo account.
Do WorldProFx demo accounts involve real money?
No. There is no real money at risk. The demo account involves only virtual play money with a preselected deposit amount determined at sign-up. The demo account is provided so that you may practice trade analysis and execution skills before opening an account with real money.
As in any trading environment, the results that you experience in a demo account may be different from those in a live trading account.
How does the demo account compare to a live account?
A WorldProFx demo account provides traders with the opportunity to familiarize themselves with the trading platform functionality. While the pricing and spreads experienced on the demo account may be similar to that of a live account, the demo account is not a mirror image of what you will see on a live account. The demo account pricing and spreads are only intended to give traders a good idea how a live account would function.
Can the demo account be used to trade standard, mini, or micro lots?
Yes, with the demo account you can trade standard (100K), mini (10K), and micro (1K) lots.
After I download the MetaTrader platform, how do I sign up for a demo to begin trading?
Once the platform is downloaded, simply go to:
- “File” then click “Open an Account” (note the “Open an Account” screen may appear automatically when logging in).
- Fill in the information required and click on the box “I agree to subscribe to your newsletters”.
- Be sure to select the desired “Deposit” amount.
- Click “Next” two times.
- After clicking “Next” the second time, login and password are provided. You may want to write down this information for your records. The information, however, is not required.
- After clicking “Finish,” the system will automatically log you into the new demo account to begin trading.
- On the top left corner of MetaTrader, your demo account number will be displayed.
Can profits or losses realized on a demo account be collected?
No. The demo account is only funded with virtual play money. No profits or losses are credited to the customer.
Is demo trading available on the weekend?
Demo trading, as with live trading, is only available during regular trading hours (Sunday 5 p.m. thru Friday 4 p.m. EST).
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-28637225-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);